Lady Gaga Tells Oprah That She Developed PTSD After Being Raped at 19 Years Old

Lady Gaga Tells Oprah That She Developed PTSD After Being Raped at 19 Years Old



Oprah and Lady Gaga sat down for a conversation about mental health this weekend.

Lady Gaga revealed that she developed PTSD after she was sexually assaulted.

Lady Gaga and Oprah have teamed up yet again to give the world more insights on the powerhouse/Oscar winner/icon that is Lady Gaga. You may recall that a few months ago Oprah interviewed Gaga for Elle, and got Gaga to admit that her whole ~love vibe~ with Bradley Cooper at the Oscars was all an act, saying, "We mapped the whole thing out—it was orchestrated as a performance."

And just yesterday, the two got back together again for another conversation as part of Oprah’s 2020 Vision: Your Life in Focus tour, and covered more somber topics. The women talked about mental health, and Gaga opened up about being sexually assaulted as a teenager. She told Oprah, "I was raped repeatedly when I was 19 years old, and I also developed PTSD as a result of being raped and also not processing that trauma."


At the time, Gaga didn't have a therapist or psychiatrist to help her through it, so she later felt the trauma come back in different ways. She continued, "I all of a sudden became a star and was traveling the world going from hotel room to garage to limo to stage, and I never dealt with it, and then all of a sudden I started to experience this incredible intense pain throughout my entire body that mimicked, actually, the illness I felt after I was raped."

Thankfully, Gaga now has the resources to process her sexual assault. Kudos to Lady Gaga for bravely speaking out, and you can watch the whole interview here:
Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments